Some call them sleeping pads, while others know them by the names of air mattresses and air beds. They are becoming increasingly common due to their durability, affordability, portability and other advantages. Especially when it comes to relieving backache and other sleep-related medical problems, they are second to none. They are essentially composed of PVC, or rubber or latex, and you fill them with air instead of using a foam or spring inside. These mattresses are today more common than the foam mattresses while trying to compete with the spring mattresses as surveyed by PR Newswire.
Air mattresses suit a variety of purposes, and they are available in dozens of varieties. And, an equally huge number of brands are offering each type with different features. So it can be rather confusing to select the best air mattress for everyday use which suits your needs the best. However, it's crucial that you get the perfect one as WebMd states, your mattress is the first and foremost step towards a peaceful sleep. This review will help you get a basic know-how about each type and serves as a guide to the best air mattresses available right now in the market.
**Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
In the case of air mattresses, there’s a huge probability for first-time buyers that they might fall prey to irrational purchase. Remember, a good night’s sleep can lead to a happy lifestyle as reported by Cornell Chronicle. So, let us help you narrow down your hunt by enlisting the factors to consider while buying an air mattress:
Sound Asleep Comfort Series Air Mattress
With a soaring high user satisfaction after thousands of reviews, this state of the art air mattress comfortably beats its competitors with excellent performance.
More features to consider:
- First of all, it's a raised air mattress which makes it a great one either for personal or guest purposes
- It has two separate air chambers which mean that you can adjust the firmness of both sides separately if you and your partner have different preferences
- Moreover, it comes with an internal pump which makes inflating and deflating easier. It doesn’t take more than 4 minutes to get fully inflated, and there's no fear of losing the pump
- It comes in ideal queen size
- Its surface is very soft and gentle. Moreover, it's waterproof
- Although the Sound Asleep Air Mattress comes with great features, they come at a comparatively higher price.
Sound Asleep Camping Series Air Mattress
It's yet another great air mattress, and it suits well for outdoor use due to great features. Let’s explore its features:
More features to consider:
- The best thing about Sound Asleep camping series is that it comes with a rechargeable internal pump
- The powerful external pump makes it possible to inflate the bed in less than 3 minutes. The rechargeable battery of the pump can be charged not only at home but also with a car charger on your way to the trip
- It's one of the most durable air mattresses for outdoor use due to its I-Beam technology
- Moreover, one of the cool things about this mattress is that it's available in both twin and queen sizes. This makes it perfect for both outdoor use and as a guest bed at home or for your kids
- It comes with a carrying pouch to make it portable
- It comes with one year warranty
- One of the disadvantages associated with an external pump is that if lost, you would have to invest again in a new pump.
AeroBed Classic Air Mattress
- The AeroBed Classic Air Bed is available in both twin and queen size. This feature makes it great for outdoor use as well as at home or for kids and guests
- It has a soft fleece surface for extra comfort
- Moreover, it is very lightweight which makes it portable
- Besides, an external pump is available in the packageThe mattress can be fully inflated using the pump in less than 5 minutes
- Another great thing about AeroBed Classic is that it comes at a relatively low price and delivers the best quality for money
- It's a low profile bed which might not suit your guests
- The external pump could get lost, and you may need to buy another one
Coleman Support Rest Double High Airbed
- The additional height of this mattress makes it one of the closest ones to the traditional beds
- Secondly, it's available in both the queen size and twin size which makes it perfect for use at home and outdoor
- The raised height keeps the mattress from getting cold
- The airtight system makes it almost impossible for the air to escape, thus keeping the mattress inflated and it would never go flat
- Moreover, it comes with a carrying pouch for easy portability
- It is an excellent remedy for backache
- Besides, the double height also makes it easy to get on and off the bed
- The package doesn’t include a pump, and you have to buy one for yourself
- It gives a strong unwanted odor when unpacked and hence needs to be inflated a couple of days before use
Restoration Queen Size Air Mattress
- It's one of the good looking air mattresses available in the market with quality features
- It has an additional height to give you the feel of a traditional bed while maintaining the advantages of an air mattress
- Moreover, it comes with a built-in internal pump and you can inflate quickly
- It's comfortable, and though it has additional height, it's yet very lightweight
- It's washable in machine
- Besides, it comes with 30 days full money back guarantee
- Another great thing about Restoration Air Mattress is that it is hypoallergenic
- The big size and extra height of the mattress and extra weight make it not so easily portable and not an excellent choice for outdoor use
- It is available only in queen size
Air mattresses are quickly replacing the traditional spring or foam mattresses due to their additional benefits. They are cheap, portable, and durable. Moreover, they provide a great solution to problems related to sleep deprivation. They also help soothe back ache by providing better sleep position. Cleveland Clinic also stresses the importance of well-supported spine position during sleep for reducing back pain. Air mattresses are known for providing better comfort to your spine as you sleep.
However, you cannot benefit from the advantages associated with an air mattress unless you make a smart purchase. I hope this review is helpful in choosing the perfect air mattress for you.
As for me, I prefer SoundAsleep Comfort Series Air mattress. However, it may not be the same for you as you would have specific needs. Do let us know which one you choose and how it's working for you.